Benefits of Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning
A few years ago I became very interested in improving my overall health. A friend soon afterwards introduced me to the Ayurvedic Cleanse and the idea of drinking warm lemon water first thing every morning. So I did and have been challenge to go back to my old ways ever since. I’ve lost weight, which I’ve been able to keep off, and my elimination process is working perfectly (hot lemon water aids in the process).
Drinking warm lemon water every morning is an easy to do and the benefits go far beyond improving the elimination process. If you’re thirsty why not add a slice of lemon to your water? It provides the body with the vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients we need and is a natural energy booster.
20 Reasons To Start Your Day With Water and Lemon
- There are lots of electrolytes in lemon water including potassium, calcium and magnesium, which is very hydrating.
- Lemon water decreases discomfort in the joints and muscles.
- Lemon water aids in food digestion. It contains citric acid that interacts with other enzymes and acids in the body that stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and food digestion.
- The liver produces enzymes more than any other food from lemon water.
- The liver releases contaminants with the assistance of lemon water, which cleans the liver.
- There is an anti-inflammatory component to drinking warm lemon water that fights infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and swelling of the tonsils.
- Warm lemon water improves the natural elimination process (bowel movements).
- Lemon is an effective antioxidant and with water improves the metabolic process, which also improves the immune system.
- Lemon is full of potassium, which is good for our overall mental health. Often time’s low levels of potassium in the blood contribute to depression and anxiety.
- Water with lemon cleanses the arteries, capillary and blood.
- Consumption of one lemon per day can lower high blood pressure up to 10% and it’s easy to do with water.
- Drinking lemon water before a meal creates an alkalizing effect in the body, which increases pH levels and enables the body to combat diseases.
- The vitamin C in lemon enhances our skin and will improve the overall condition of your skin.
- Uric acid leads to discomfort in the joints and gout. Lemon water assists to dilute uric acid in the body.
- Lemon water contains lots of vitamin C and helps in the development of bone tissue of an unborn infant as well as forming cells of the brain that contribute to their mental wellbeing.
- If you have heartburn try a mix of a teaspoon of lemon juice in a half glass of water.
- Kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and calcium deposits can be dissolved with the assistance of water with lemon.
- Lemons contain pectin fiber, which reduces appetite and craving to assist in weight reduction.
- Lemon water aids in oral health reducing tooth pain and gingivitis.
- Wow! My favorite so far. Research has found that cancer cannot grow in an alkaline environment and lemons are a highly alkaline food.
So Why Not Start Now? It’s Easy!
- Stock up on lots of fresh lemons (or limes).
- Use warm purified or sparkling water.
- Use a juicer to get the most juice with minimal effort.
- Use lemon oil as an alternative if juicing is challenging.
- Drink warm water with lemon on an empty stomach first thing every morning and one hour before meals to get the maximum benefit.
When life gives you lemons, make warm lemon water!
May you enjoy peace, love and happiness,